<VV> LM heater cable

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 14 21:38:18 EDT 2010

 It finally happened. I broke a heat control cable right at the lever under the dashboard. It snapped off where it is twisted to wrap around the post on the control lever. Has anybody been able to repair this?

 I'm going to attempt to make another twisted wire end for the post. I'll try to anneal the last .75 inch and make a loop, without melting the plastic sleeve or setting the car on fire. It is a little tight under the dash board!

 I do have spare ones, but the thought of pulling all the covers off to do an R&R does not interest me now. I can probably make an adjustment at the heater end to compensate enough for the shorter cable.

 Also is there a way to get some lube into the cable when it is in the car? I usually try to put a little WD40 on the cable and assume it will eventually move by capillary action along the wire. I just had a thought. I can blow high press air to push the lube into the cable, now that the loop is broken off.
MIKE KOVACS