<VV> Strange Performance Flat Spot

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 15 01:45:33 EDT 2010

Well, if not "turn cutout" - which is pretty normal without mods to the
carbs - on a tight (especially accelerating) turn, it could be a matter of
carb sync or a matter of distributor advance not coming in soon enough.  I'm
a bit perplexed since you seemed to indicate that it only occurs or right
hand turns.  The floats are not set properly (equally) on both sides?  It
could also be a matter of the secondaries not "coming in" soon enough (and
not matched well with the timing advance [or not]).  Just HOW LOW is the
fuel in the tank?  I doubt it is related to the E fuel pump.  But, I suppose
that it could be related to slosh in the tank (that's a guess).

Start by filling the tank (with 93 or better octane) and let us know if
there is a difference.  We can take it one step at a time.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140