<VV> Planning for the Future

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Apr 16 14:53:28 EDT 2010

Jim, the AACA is a great organization, and I would encourage anyone
considering AACA membership to join.

And, the question of whether CORSA membership is worth it to you is, of
course, a personal matter.

But comparing your AACA membership to CORSA membership is apples to oranges.

AACA has more than 50,000 members.  If CORSA had 50,000 members, it
could either reduce dues dramatically or increase member services
dramatically, or both.  And if CORSA had 50,000 members, it is likely
that there would be a chapter closer to you, and that there would be
more events and activities.

AACA caters to the full spectrum of antique cars, albeit within the
narrow range of preservation and restoration.  CORSA caters to a small
segment of the automobile spectrum, and then, within the small segment,
attempts to serve a wide range of interests, from pickup-trucks to
highly-modified race cars.

AACA mints new potential members each year, as owners of another year's
worth of cars become eligible for membership.  CORSA will never see that.

Is AACA membership a better "deal?"  It depends entirely on what is
important to you, the individual.  In my case, because today I have only
Corvairs in my garage, CORSA is a better deal for me.  If I still had my
'48 Cadillac or my '36 Airflow, then I might lean toward AACA.

All this said, I too am a critic of many of CORSA's current policies and
practices.  But I can't do anything about it if I am not a member.

--Bob Marlow