<VV> high performance oil pressures

Markpowhatan at aol.com Markpowhatan at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 22:50:06 EDT 2010

I read much about using high volume oil pumps vs. stock  pumps, but I am
wondering if using such would cause the oil  filter  bypass valve to open, and
not filtering all the oil.  Is this  scenario possible or is the pressure
still going to be equal on both sides of  the filter, keeping the valve from
needing to open?  I just thought about  this since I'm in the middle of
having a engine rebuilt. -- Newbie here  just curious...Mark  63 Spyder  in
Virginia