<VV> CORSA and HATE

Robby vintagevwbeetles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 09:48:24 EDT 2010

I am not a hater either but it is interesting that CORSA continues to lose
membership but yet the real problem are only 3 or 4 people who complain!!!

Anyway, I am through complaining as I am tired of the criticism for bringing
up problems.  I have been a CORSA members since the early 90s but I will not
be renewing my membership in June when it expires.  And to be totally
honest, I was on the fence about it and it was the cheap shots by certain
members who said we should just quit that led me to my decision.  True I may
be only one member leaving but if CORSA isn't careful and the attitudes of
certain people towards current members doesn't change quickly, there will be
more. (One of the members who told me to quit here is the same member who
mouthed off to me at the Chicago convention about something he didn't like
about my Corvair - he was an a$$ then and I see he still is!!!)

People only want to hear positive things about CORSA but unfortunately the
truth is there are negatives that need to be addressed.  Until members are
willing to understand that, little can be done.  CORSA will not grow without
new members and in 20 years of membership I have seen little to nothing done
to REALLY recruit new members and get Corvairs out into the public.  It is
like we are a little private club and want no new folks - oh we talk about
it but when ti comes to wehre the rubber meets the road, little is done.

Anyway, I am through talking about it as since I will no longer be a member
I will have no dog in the fight.  I will continue to enjoy my Corvairs just
as I have for the past 20 years - only this time without being a CORSA
member.

Robby