<VV> Thank You!

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 17:48:42 EDT 2010

                                                     B"H

I'd like to thank everyone for helping with the no-starter/backup lights/low beam problem yesterday.

The problem, amazingly, turned out to be with a maladjusted neutral safety switch.

The switch actuation arm had come loose off the PG selector, so no matter how I adjusted the switch, the starter wouldn't operate. The reverse light switch is part of the PG selector as well, and the arm activates both when the selector is moved.

I had the dash loose to fix a mis-placed PG indicator bulb (which I couldn't reach from under the dash, even with the heater control removed), when all heck broke loose.  The wiring was fraying from the bulbs, and the wire to the TEMP/PRESS bulb came loose.  I tried to re-solder it, but it stopped working completely.

I didn't want to pull the cluster out completely since I didn't want to take the steering wheel off (lazy? Yeah...lol).

The low beams started working again without anything I did, mysteriously.

In any case pretty much everything is back to normal except for the TEMP/PRESS light.  I plan to review the wiring diagram to see where the wire comes from, from the sender plug.

Meanwhile I have both oil temp and oil pressure gauges that work fine.  But it's always nice to have the idiot light as well.

Thanks again everyone...you guys are the best :)

Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG