<VV> Carter EKE

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Tue Apr 20 20:47:54 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlton Smith" <carlton55 at comcast.net>
Subject: <VV> Carter EKE

> Hi All,
>
> The engine was totally rebuilt when I purchased it. It has a stock YH
> carb.
> The turbo looks stock, but is not. It has a early intake housing 3817254
> with a RayJay 302B40 cartridge and exhaust housing.  getting a little
> frisky and put
> it to it, I definitely get detonation. So I have to back off the long
> pedal.
>

> I always use 92, 93 or even 94 octane fuel. I have tried "all" of the
> major
> octane boosters
********
The only non-trick octane booster that worked for me was the 105 or 108
Octane Booster ... nothing else seemed to work.  I used it full strength at
first; after a tank or two I could use 1/3 the recommended dose.

And of course you can rig up a water injection system at reasonable $$ (
windshield washer pump and orange juice heavy wall bottle  )  just to get a
taste of how well they work.  In the end, if you like them, build or buy a
very very very very ... reliable one.

just some thoughts, ken at deltawerkes