<VV> 40 years ago today...

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Apr 22 13:43:40 EDT 2010

... was the first "Earth Day," and I remember it well because on that
day I drove my 1968 Monza convertible, a very nicely-equipped
two-year-old used car, to visit an out-of-state girlfriend.  It was a
nice Spring day here in the northeast, and we put the top down and drove
to the shores of the Long Island Sound.

Somewhere around here I still have a snapshot, taken that day, of her
sitting in the passenger seat, wearing the funky sunglasses that were
then popular, and holding a flower that had been handed to her to be
emblematic of Earth Day.  In that picture she looks like every "flower
child" of the era.

At the time, I looked like every geeky guy of the era.

Only the Corvair still looks good.

--Bob Marlow