<VV> Junction block, was: HRPT

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 23 00:01:06 EDT 2010

As I have said before when this thread has come up, the part in question is
what it is. It was designed for (at the time) a car that was viewed as a
cheap, throwaway econo car, and NOT a Rolls-Royce. For the car's intended
usage life, it performs well. Heck, I've had my '67 convert since '71 and
NEVER had a minute's problem with it. I've had many other LM Corvairs with
them on, and NEVER had a single problem with ANY of them. The only thing I
HAVE had come across is when some numnutz past owner or wrench monkey has
abused it, overtightened it, twisted the crap out of it, etc. and then
wondered why there's been a problem with it withstanding the abuse. What is
your problem, people? If it's damaged, for whatever reason, simply replace
it. Don't sit there whining about it and cursing the darkness. Light a
lamp, for heaven's sake! Perform the needed maintainence -replace damaged
parts, clean dirty electrical contacts, and don't abuse it. If I can get
40+ years of trouble-free service from them, there's no reason you can't
either.

Also, I can also tell the REAL car people from the idiots, and everyone in
between, by how they use accepted auto industry terminology. A REAL car
enthusiast prides himself in trying to use correct industry standard
terminology. Even car people who don't know the correct terminology for
something strive to find out the correct language to use. It's the idiots
who think up some cutsie degrading term for those items he doesn't
understand, and hates because of his stupidity. I'll let you all catagorize
yourselves accordingly. You've already proven it to me.

-Mark

whether or not they were 'designed' to do so or not, they DO melt, and with
greater frequency than a part like that EVER should.