<VV> Junction block

David B. Neale david.neale3 at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 23 13:54:55 EDT 2010

Mark wrote; "The idea of using correct terms is so that you can be understood by all.
It's like trying to communicate with someone who speaks a foreign language.
You'd also have to speak his language to be clearly understood. It's just
so much easier that way. It's also a sign of intellegence,(SIC). There's been
whole comedies written on that basis."

Well, I must be one of the morons that you speak of so ... eloquently ..... for instance, when I need to adjust the valves on my Corvair, I remove the rocker covers using the spanners which I keep, generally for emergencies, in the car's boot.

I now feel extremely foolish, because I suspect that what I should be doing is removing the valve covers using wrenches which generally reside in my car's trunk.

Thank heavens that there is someone here who can educate morons like me, the better to keep our terminological inexactitudes on the straight and narrow!

David

Wallowing in terminological blunders whilst polishing a 1965 Convertible 140 4-speed Monza in leafy Leicestershire, England.