<VV> Ipod AM/FM Radio?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Apr 24 01:59:09 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/23/2010 5:15:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
eprosise at hotmail.com writes:

I  BEG you not to try the iPod conversion to an AM/FM Radio.

Get  an FM transmitter, like the iTrip, or one of any other ones that can
broadcast  onto an FM station before you cut up a very valuable radio.

Eric  Prosise

DeWitt, IA

But Eric - It is likely not only easier to do this, but it might be done
with absolutely no modification to the radio. I am not an electrical wizard
(And  I haven't played one on TV either) but the design of the Corvair AM/FM
includes  a plug in the bottom that was intended to feed the FM signal to
the multiplex  adapter, feed one of the stereo channels back to the single amp
in the radio,  and supply the other amp in the adapter. Then the speaker
output is also fed to  the adapter, where fader/balance controls are located
(in the 66-up). It  shouldn't be too hard to "fake" the inputs into the power
amps. Maybe install a  small mini-jack in the adapter for the iPod input.
And you would get  Stereo. The AM/FM radio itself would remain virginal.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette