<VV> Quite a shock (humor?)

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Apr 24 11:45:33 EDT 2010

At 01:13 AM 4/24/2010, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:
>Without  listing a number of them, what are "shocks"?
> >If I use that term -  shocks - which category of "car enthusiasts" am I
>placed  into?
>Well - That would make you an "American/Canadian car enthusiast". The  rest
>of the English speaking world calls them dampeners or dampers. Because that
>  is what they do - the spring "absorbs" the compression and stores it, for
>a  moment. The spring rebounds, and the cycle begins. The "shock" actually
>dampens  the cyclic motion of the spring. Anyway, that's why they are
>properly called  dampers. Of course, if you don't want to be 
>considered a dork
>(here in the  US), you call them shocks. Fer Shur,dude!

A rose by any other name would still leak hydraulic oil.


More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list