<VV> AM/FM Radio Schematics for Corvairs

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Apr 24 18:10:04 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/24/2010 1:23:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
eprosise at hotmail.com writes:

Seth -  Sounds Ok - I guess I have not seen a complete FM radio in my
possession in  some time.

Eric

Eric - When I received your note back, I was reminded of my auto  radio
manuals. Back in the 70s I played around with the AM-FMs, the multiplex
adapters and even the 8-track under-dash units. I am speaking of GM units  here,
not aftermarket. I remember buying the printed out Manuals from Howard W.
Sams publications in Indianapolis, IN. They sold monthly collections at the
local electronic parts place. Each month would cover 20-30 auto radios. I
bought  the ones that covered the factory Corvair radios, both the AM and the
AM/FM -  That one had the Multiplex adapter covered as well.  I did a web
search and Sams has a download service available for the radio schematics. The
 65 AM/FM is radio 986118 and the multiplex adapter is 986376 (But that is
the  three-knob unit, the 4-knob 66-style unit is 986374. Look for Sams
AR-29, March  1965 - It covers them both. The 67 AM/FM radio is 986865, it is
covered in the June 1967 edition AR-43.  The manuals have full schematics
and parts lists

Enjoy!

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette