<VV> Question with Changing Master Brake Cylinder

rich dixon dixon5553 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 22:53:56 EDT 2010

Hi: I am converting my 66 Monza to a dual master clyinder and would like to know which is the front brake reserve on the master cylinder - it is the front or rear reserve on the master clyinder?

I assume this matters when attaching the lines? Does the master clyinder need to be "bench" bleeded prior to installing it?

Also should I be concerned that this master clyinder (that is a new re-man from local parts store) does not have a check valve? What happens if this is not added? I've read there's a way to add this per the CORSA tech guide; pg 4 in the brake section, but what happens if I don't do this?

Would appreciate hearing any other tips or issues that others may have encounter when making this update to their '65/66 cars.

I did replace all brake lines/hoses expect for the long one that runs down the center of the car, since it looks ok and clean- comments?.

thanks for your help