<VV> Rubbing Tires

Keith and Joy Klemm kjklemm at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:06:49 EDT 2010

Bill,

I run a set of 17" X 8" rims with 215/40's on the front(can be seen on the northcascadescorvairs.org web site under photos 2009 and 50th gala). Prior to paint i rolled the lip of the fender.  The tires will now clear under full turn and compression.  Of course without the proper back spacing a little more bump steer was noticed.

as for rolling the fender with out distorting the outer sheet metal.  Cut a 1/2" cut into the lip every 3 inches or so and then gently bend the fender lip.  Once you get it to a desired location weld the cuts.  You will only need to do this on the very top most part of the fender, no need for the entire lip to be rolled.  The outcome is impossible to notice unless you are laying on the ground looking up at the fender.

V/R,

Keith