<VV> Dampers vs Dampeners?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Apr 27 23:55:54 EDT 2010

Wade, I think you are right. Dampener is correct for the application you
have. It also means to make damp. Damper is the thing in the fireplace.
Hmm, damper is also a shock absorber.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dampener

So it is a vibration dampener, but a suspension damper. Now why do
people think English is so hard?

Frank DuVal

I had to clean the carbs on the 4 door with one arm....  Now we can say,
busy as a one armed carb rebuilder!