<VV> Back home again in Indiana - Performance Workshop - Two invitations in one!

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 15:59:46 EST 2010

Next March, the Performance Corvair Group, a Special Interest Chapter of
the Corvair Society of America, will present the 2011 Performance Workshop.
The  workshop has found a nice home in Indianapolis, IN. Indy is still a
hotbed of  auto racing in the USA, and the location of many racing oriented
businesses.  Circle City Corvair Club will be the hosts for the event and they
are  coordinating the details of the location and logistics. As we have in
the past,  the PCG will compile and present a Saturday program full of High
performance data and hardware, oriented toward the Corvair. We have divided
the program into sections to allow each aspect of the Corvair and it's
preparation to be addressed. Besides working with the racing-oriented businesses
 and their displays, we hope to have proven experts in each area present a
short  informal talk, with examples of problems and solutions, then answer
questions  from the attendees with discussion to follow. Corvair vendors will
 be present and each will get a chance to display and describe their wares.
 If you see an area of Corvair Performance not covered in the list below,
contact  me and we can address it. I know this is an ambitious list but some
areas could  be covered quickly, others in more depth. Here is a tentative
list of the  areas we want to cover.

1) Cooling System - Vertical fan status
2) Oil system - (Dry sump? - hose technology)
3) Engine rotating assembly - new cranks/crank prep
4) Front Suspension - stock to coil overs
5) Rear Suspension -
6) Fuel System/Ignition system -
7) Exhaust System - from the head out.
8) Head, Cam and valve train
9) Bodywork - Aero Parts
10) Tires/Wheels/Brakes
11) Safety aspects (Cage/seat/belts/helmets/restraints)
12) Common Rule books - SCCA/Corsa - and upcoming events

This E-mail serves two purposes. It is both an invitation to attend the
Workshop, listen to and speak with the presenters AND a request to the
knowledgeable, builder/racers, to pick a section and present your  experience and
recommendations. If you feel you have the knowledge  to address the adoring
throng, drop me (Seth Emerson) back a note. I have  some guidelines for the
presentations and I would be happy to work with you.  (Including computer
help). What has always made the Workshops a success is  this sharing of
performance technology and experience with the other racers  and hopeful racers.
If it works for you, it can work for others!

Set aside the date today - March 18-19, 2011 in Indianapolis. You will
hear much more about it in the coming months, including a complete agenda  and
schedule. Come hungry - both for food and for knowledge!  See you  there!

Seth Emerson
2010-2011 PCG President