<VV> I am STILL HERE!!!

Dale Smiley dale_smiley at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 13:13:24 EST 2010

I would like to take this time to let the folks in the 'Corvair World' that I am still around and still interested in the Corvair. Most of you probably don't remember me but I have been 'lurking' around the virtualvairs list when the only computer I had was a shared one at work!

A few years ago I had a medical problem which cut back much of what I did. I had a car wreck (not in a vair) that put me and my wife in the hospital and then at home for a couple of months. It took the doctors a while to determine that I had a stroke caused by a benign tumor above my left eye!

Thanks to God for making sure I was treated by the best doctors ANYWHERE I have had the tumor removed and the surgeon told be to 'go have a good life, you are perfectly healthy!'

Well, I am not sure I agree with 'everything' but I am driving, working, and having a good life!

During the illness I sold my vair and all my parts (except for books) so now I have to start over again. My wife and I just moved into a new house so that has set me back a little as well.

Anyway seeing as how I was born in Indianapolis I hope to attend the Performance Workshop next March! I haven't got around to buying a 'new' vair yet but I am starting to look. Looking is all I can do for several months anyway, everything now is going into the new house!!!

Sorry for the longwinded post!

I just wanted to say that I am still here and really enjoy reading these posts everyday!

Thanks!!!

Dale E. Smiley

Alive and 'well' in Avon, IN (just slightly West of Indy)!