<VV> 1969 Corvair on Craigslist Detroit

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun Dec 5 10:18:14 EST 2010

I went and looked at this car yesterday.  It is not very good.  The pictures
on Craigslist must have been taken right after the car was painted as now
the Bondo is cracking and the car looks like it was painted with a foam
brush.  The car looks white in the pictures but it is a pale blue (and
birdshit) over a silver original.  The interior looks like it hasn't been
cleaned since the car was built.  The seats are ragged.  The radio is
missing and the hole was butchered for a custom radio.  You can see the
ground behind the headlamps with the trunk open.  It hasn't run in several
years so the engine might be stuck.  I didn't bring a wrench to try it.
In my mind this is a parts car at best.  Certainly not worth $1,500 let
alone the $5,000 she was originally asking.  She is moving to New Mexico so
might lower the price more to get rid of it.
Clark Hartzel