<VV> Nader and the book!

chaz at ProperProPer.com chaz at ProperProPer.com
Wed Dec 8 15:11:41 EST 2010

Ralphie allegedly tried the same thing on VW, but VW shut him down, while GM
mishandled the situation and denigrated the auto industry by trying to bribe
him, etc., which as we know, turned out badly.

Had GM stood up for the Corvair, he would have found another target, and
there were plenty of them, but GM made themselves suspect by their actions ?

Plus, Americans are ready to believe anything they are told, especially
about something that is different, which the Corvair was, and so, was a
ready victim of Ralphie's allegations, however false they may have been ?

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: shortle
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:38 AM
To: rodneyspooner at corvairgarage.com ; Sethracer at aol.com ;
virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org ; HallGrenn at aol.com ; Vairtec at optonline.net
; virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re:  Nader and the book!

I think we should all thank RN for taking a role in making ALL cars safer.
That book was nothing more than an indictment on industrialization. 1
Chapter was on the early model Corvair. Whereas didn't he write an entire
book on the (lack of) safety of the air cooled VW?
Timothy Shortle in (beautiful,warm) Durango Colorado