<VV> GM had every reason to discontinue the Corvair

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Wed Dec 8 21:23:55 EST 2010

That should be on every Corvair quiz ... Mustang killed the Corvair,
not Nader.  In fact, Nader prolonged the Corvair's demise ... because
in order to prove it was safe and they were not intimidated by Nader,
they had to keep making it.  In the end, Mustang bred Camaro bred
muscle cars, for cheap, and they killed the Corvair.  Nobody
appreciated handling, economy, etc.

Eric

At 04:41 PM 12/8/2010, you wrote:
>From: <chaz at ProperProPer.com>
>Subject: <VV> GM had every reason to discontinue the Corvair
>To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>, <jvhroberts at aol.com>
>
>Good point, John !
>
>The Corvair was, not only **NOT** their 'bread 'n butter' but it could also
>step on sales of other GM products had they continued Corvair production,
>primarily Nova, Chevelle and eventually Camaro, and to a lesser extent it
>could even have been an alternative to Corvette (except for those who were
>buying the name, and had the money to buy one.)
>
>In my opinion, the Corvette was at best, what it was advertised to be, while
>the Corvair was so much more !  A "sleeper" if that term has not be worn out
>?
>
>So, GM had every reason to discontinue the Corvair, but didn't (thanks in
>part to Nadir ?), despite higher cost of production for a car that was being
>promoted as "America's Cheapest Hardtop" !
>
>Charlie

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.