<VV> gas heaters

William Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Sun Dec 12 13:14:42 EST 2010

This is actually one of my Stock research projects.  There were actually three stamping styles for the early model trunk vents:

Style #1: (1960 through approximately mid-March 1963) was the stamping that would accept a gas heater.  It had the opening on the right rear corner of the trunk (covered with a steel plate if no heater) and a vented steel cover in the left rear corner.

Style #2: (Approximately mid March 1963 through 09B - 2nd week of Sept 1964) had a solid steel wall (no cover plate or vents) in the right rear corner and the same vented steel plate in the left rear corner.

Style #3: (09C - 3rd week Sept 1964 through end of 1964 model year) had solid walls with stamped vents in both rear corners - no cover plates.

Bill Hubbell