<VV> Corvair A/C Question

John O'Shea jco99 at cox.net
Tue Dec 14 15:25:25 EST 2010

I believe one absolute and easy way to determine if a Corvair has factory or
dealer installed A/C is to look at how the spare tire mount is installed in
the trunk.  In factory installed A/C Corvairs the mount is spot welded to
the trunk.  In Dealer installed A/C Corvairs the mount is bolted/screwed to
the trunk.  How about some comments?
Still sunny and warm in Las Vegas. :-)