<VV> Doug Roe's Corvairs

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Dec 14 18:10:45 EST 2010

Joe:  I believe the car on pg 21 of HTHRCE is probably the car Roe brought
from Michigan.  The car on pg 53 is the Thomas car as raced by them, while
the car on pg 99 is the ex-Thomas car as modified by Roe.  Some of the
features like the jacking suspension set up described on pg 21 were later
incorporated by Roe on the ex-Thomas car.  The clue to which is which are
the holes in the rear fenders which had air scoops on the Thomas car.  They
fed the carbs.

I have no idea what happened to the pg 21 car.  Probably met the same fate
of many old race cars.

Historically Yours,
			James

Message: 10