<VV> Spyder/Corsa turbo -- fast?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 20:18:25 EST 2010

Eric,

Corvairs have never been fast.  But they have always been quick which  is
defined as being able to everything well in less time than their market
competition.  I wouldn't ever try to outrun faster cars in a good  Corvair--I
would just drive their drivers nuts because they wouldn't be  able to easily
shake me off--I'd be right there with them.  The skid pad  numbers and 60 to
0 stopping numbers of a well maintained Corvair are still  world
class--without ABS, Stability control and other computer programs.

I love my Malibu 3.6L V6 (0-60 in 6.2 sec. in a family sedan), and it  can
be fun--but not as much fun and certainly not as forgiving as one of my LM
Corvairs when they are in their prime (which they unfortunately aren't  now).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA