<VV> Four Primaries and steering arms.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 01:03:41 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/22/2010 9:14:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
corvair65 at verizon.net writes:

This may  have already gone around, but I've been away for awhile.  The
latest  issue of Hemmings Classic Car did a nice story on John Fitch and his
Sprint.  In it they mention that he didn't use any secondary carbs on the
140 engine, but instead used all primaries.  Does anyone know what the
linkage was like in a setup like this and can it easily be done to a stock  140?
Also, are the modified steering arms still  available?
The 140 linkage used on all early 1965 140 motors will work fine with  four
primaries. (It is the set-up that used no springs in the linkage). If you
go to all primaries, you will spend more time in adjustments and carb
balancing.  I believe Clarks still has aftermarket shorter steering arms
available. Several folks have talked about offering shortened factory  forged arms.
Also, some new-design shorter arms may become available soon. Keep  an eye
on VV and Fastvair.

Seth Emerson