<VV> Hemmings CC and Fitch Sprint

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Thu Dec 23 09:20:32 EST 2010

I have personally worked on the Phoenix and it has four primaries ganged together so that they all open simultaneously.  John has told me he doesn't remember what setup was used on the Sprints.  The linkage used on the Phoenix is home made--not sure by who--and used pieces brazed to the carb throttle shafts.  They same type of set up is used on the chokes.
It's a bear to get the Phoenix carbs synchronized.  I've tried to convince him that he should use progressive linkage but he refuses.  Even with the worn out engine, it accelerates like hell!
BTW.  The new carbs on the Phoenix were donated by Grant Young of Wolf Enterprises.  They are fabulous.  Thanks Grant.