<VV> Today's cars

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Dec 26 00:05:45 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/25/2010 8:47:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tony.underwood at cox.net writes:

And, to  exploit them to their best, the driver needs to KNOW HOW TO
DRIVE.   Cars today seem to be designed to remove that
responsibility.   Today's car owner has become a vehicle  operator
instead of a driver.   Hell, cars today parallel-park
themselves.   How worthless is the "driver" who can't parallel
park??    THAT is one of the requirements in Virginia that a  driver
MUST know how to do before the commonwealth will issue them a
driver's license.   They check for it in the parking lot at the  DMV
and grade you on it.

Manufacturers today are removing the  requirement for drivers to know
how to drive their own  cars.

You are shopping at the wrong car stores! My drive (now 6 years old)  has
400HP, stick, no automatic parallel parking and, when I decide, no traction
control or stability control. If the drivers demand those features, they
will  shop for them and buy them. If they demand to NOT have them, they will
shop for  appropriate cars as well. I do agree that driver education is at a
low point  today. Some people are so pleased about themselves that they enjoy
their  own ignorance. They even revel in it.

Seth Emerson