<VV> Spyder/Corsa turbo -- fast?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Dec 26 00:58:53 EST 2010

At 06:47 PM 12/22/2010, David Foster wrote:
>How fast is a 63 Spyder????????? What is top speed??????????
>I don't think I have had mine over 85MPH.
>I have never tried to spin the tires. The car does seem to accelerate very
>slow.

Mine would spin its tires.  It certainly was capable of going as fast
as its speedo stated.   It may have been pushing the tach needle into
the corner doing it, but it did it.

MY '63 Spyder surprised more than a few people.    I have witnesses...

tony..

PS:   There's the possibility that sometimes these older cars are
tuned the way the book said, and NOT tuned the way they ran best.