<VV> removing brake drums rusted to shoes

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 10:43:09 EST 2010

Andy K:  cutting the heads off the little nails is only part of the problem.
The shoes are still retained by the pullback springs.
What worked for me once was dragging the car out of the dirt floor garage it
was in with a tow strap and when the wheels hit pavement and got traction
they both broke loose.  I say both wheels as the fronts won't be seized,
only the rears if the e-brake was left on.  I don't know where your car is
located but try dragging it around on pavement before taking more severe
measures.
Clark Hartzel