<VV> Hemmings CC John Fitch article

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Thu Dec 30 14:01:14 EST 2010

The exact quote was, "In stock form, even the '1965-'69 Corvair with its improved independent rear suspension wasn't a fun car to drive,", John said, "It was alright, but it wasn't a pleasing car to drive."

Later on he said, "I understand what makes a good-handling car.  The suspension is changed, and the steering ratio is changed.  It was very cheap -- I think it was under $3,000 -- and here it was a Porsche!"

He's correct -- especially from the perspective of a talented race car driver.  Take a late model Corvair, add the optional quick steering box along with the optional HD suspension and you have an entirely different car -- and that's just the beginning.

Dave Keillor