<VV> Hemmings CC John Fitch article

Karl Haakonsen (cityhawk@pobox.com) karlhaakonsen at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 13:43:44 EST 2010

I just received the Feb issue of Hemmings CC with the article about the 1966 Fitch Sprint.... which was a great article except that John Fitch is quoted as saying (don't have it in front of me, but something like) In stock form, the late model Corvair even with its improved suspension "wasn't a good car to drive. It was OK but not a pleasant car to drive."

At the end of the article, a guy named Skip who used to work in Fitch's shop makes a comment about tuck under (a problem not associated with a LM Corvair).

Alas, even from the heros of Corvaidom comes Corvair bashing.

Karl in Boston

www.chezhawk.com/VairBlog