<VV> removing brake drums rusted to shoes

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 30 18:03:31 EST 2010

A couple of other tips which may be helpful along with those already
mentioned.

Be sure to clean away as much rust as possible all around the centering hole
with a wire brush or wire wheel on a drill.

Also, there are a couple of circular holes (besides those for the studs) on
the face of the drum.  A screw driver can be pounded in those to help get a
bit of leverage.  This will likely stretch the holes outward a bit, but they
can be pounded back flat once the drum loosens.  Don't be afraid to use
plenty of your favorite rust buster.  The shoes are junk anyway.

Later, JR