<VV> Evening Orchid Paint/Color

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 23:07:44 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/1/2010 6:51:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dpleau at wavecable.com writes:

It's  probably because the original enamel E O paint started visibility
fading  within five minutes of being exposed to the sun.  The newer
base/clear  coat paint formulations are supposed to live a little longer.
As
I  remember the original paint, was E O on Monday and Grey by  Friday.

dp

Original was magic-mirror lacquer, Dennis, as I recall. Only the  FCs had
enamel. And I agree with your assessment of the problem. You buy an old  gray
car and not realize what color it WAS until you open the trunk! The  street
car in my driveway was once Evening Orchid - before that (originally)
Yellow, now, kind of a metallic maroon.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette