<VV> [fastvair] Lube - Sil-Glyde

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Tue Feb 2 08:40:02 EST 2010

On Feb 1, 2010, at 7:18 PM, Rick Norris wrote:

> Question:
> I have the motor for my power top apart and want to know what type
> of lube do you use with the plastic gears??
> There is a trace of what looks like a graphite grease. Not set up
> but real thin. Gears look very good.
> Also, there was a post here from somebody wanting to know where the
> hole is located for the wire harness to pass thru the package shelf
> area. I will measure mine and post it if its needed. Photos too.
>

> __,_._,__

Rick,

I'm no petroleum engineer, but I do have a suggestion for you. I
thought for sure you'd get some suggestions from someone who knows
lubrication.

A while back, I posted, looking for some lube for plastic (nylon?)
gears in a speedometer ratio converter. What I ended up with is a
product named, "Sil-Glyde". It's NAPA part number 765-1351. It
"contains silicone". Here's some info on it:

http://www.agscompany.com/downloads/datasheet/sil-glyde_lubricating_-_tds.pdf

It looks almost clear, very much like silicone. Seems like it  might
work for your application.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina