<VV> Auto Tranny Gear Indicator.

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Feb 2 10:41:38 EST 2010

So, weren't the early Corvair three speed shifters with a blank black
knob? Or were all the ones I've seen worn off?

So what about ALL the three on the tree cars built? I have never seen a
gear pattern anywhere on the car. Just ask the young valet parking
attendant who couldn't figure out my 70 Buick Estate Wagon, yes factory
stock three speed. And the Fluid Drive of Chrysler Corp. back in the
late 40's early 50's? No pattern there.

And in reference to Brother Dave Gardner, do the letters on the
automatic indicator come with instructions so R is not used for Race, etc.?

Say, does this requirement stem from around 1919 when Buick had the
reverse three speed floor shifter pattern? Maybe someone in the state
couldn't figure how to drive one.

Frank DuVal