<VV> Scams are fun but don't send ANY $$$ !

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Feb 2 12:59:23 EST 2010

This works because banks can "clear" the original check in YOUR account,
making you feel that you actually got the money, and then pull the money
back out weeks later, when they "change their mind" (claiming int'l check
takes longer to verify)

Problem is that you already sent the "overage" to the guy which is 100%
profit now, especially if you already sent the item.

So it would have COST you $20 to GIVE him your radio.

Really clever if you think about it.

A guy from the UK wanted to buy my 1967 Corvair and pay me double, to "cover
costs" and send him the difference.

I told him to mail the check and tried to lead him on, but it never came.

He never sent the check but I would have waited a year, or get a signed
statement from the back that they will NOT pull the funds AFTER telling me
the check had cleared (that's how the banks play into the scam, at you
expense.)

Charlie