<VV> Auto Tranny Gear Indicator.

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 2 14:26:16 EST 2010

As I said, a gear indicator version is in the works. Personally, it
wouldn't bother me about not having a gear indicator. And in doing the kit
for a LM, this was the easiest way of doing it.

The original Ansen kit was designed for the EM only, and used the EM dash
mechanism not only to control the neutral safety switch, but to also
provide the gear indicator. BUT they accomplished this by running a
secondary cable from the floor shifter to the dash mechanism, then cutting
off the lever and its paddle, and removing the detent spring and paw. Slick
arrangement, but difficult to do with the LM shifter mechanism, UNLESS you
were handy enough to make it into a pointer. And could stand the finished
look of it.

It's this secondary cable that remains to be developed. The kit, though, is
fully capable of being retrofitted. So for those who are interested, don't
let the present lack of a gear indicator discourage you from buying the
kit. You can install it, and later on fit it with the gear indicator parts.

-Mark