<VV> Scams are fun but don't send ANY $$$ ! (No Corvair)

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 4 08:02:02 EST 2010

Guus,

The advantage checks have is to pay bills by mail, and for those occasions
where cards aren't able to be accepted (as in a private transaction.)

We also have certain legal rights, and banks are usually pretty
accomodating. Usually. But even they run out of patience, when something
catastrophic happens, and you have a large number of loose ends to tie up.
It is at that point that they can reject you as a customer, and possibly
even blackball you with the banking community.

-Mark

that comes up, direct payments are a HUGE PITA. to deal with. Problems can
range from billing disputes to having to change accounts. Trust me, I speak
from experience when I say that direct payments are to be avoided if at all
possible. Convenient, sure. But it can be a big headache.

> > -Mark
>
> We have a similar system here but as a customer you have the right to ask
the bank to cancel a payment if you feel it's not correct within 60 days.
The bank is bound by law to do that. Of course you have to settle your
problem with your supplier yourself.

> You now have all these possibilities of electronic banking (internet
banking), paying direct with your debit card of credit card in stores. I
know lots of people use checkbooks in the US but what are the advantages of
still using them nowadays?