<VV> Snow at the show

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Fri Feb 5 12:51:56 EST 2010

> I still remember the Vair Fair at Baugher Chevy some years
> back, when it snowed.
 tony..
Smitty says; That was one for the history books.   We arrived there it was 75-80 degrees.  The temp started dropping and all the people who came equipped in shorts and T shirts started huddling.  It just kept getting colder.  I tried to wash the car and my towel stuck to the paint and I couldn't get it loose.  When I finally did, all the fuzz was still stuck.  People left on the rally and the smart ones just gave up.  They couldn't see the road in front of their cars from the fog.  It started raining and even the people with jackets were looking for someplace to stay dry.  The rain turned to sleet for about a half hour and then started snowing.  We were staying in the camper in the back of the lot and the heater didn't work.  I was ready to pack it in and head south about midnight but the wife talked me out of it.  As I recall the next day was a pretty nice day.  Typical VA mountain weather.