<VV> Snow Removal, Neighbors and Corvair content, too!

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Fri Feb 12 17:30:06 EST 2010

So now that I'm retired and its too cold to play in the
garage, I spend some of my free time shoveling snow off my
driveway. When done with my drive I usually walk next door
and shovel my 81 year old neighbor's drive as well. John
has a little trouble walking with his arthritis, but his
memory is clear and he always comments on how much fun he
had driving his early model Corvair sedan in the snow back
in the day. We chatted this morning and the same story
came up. "You don't need chains with a Corvair!", John
told me (again!).

Since my neighbor across the street hadn't fired up the
tractor and snow blower I wondered why someone was
shoveling around her Honda. So I went over and found that
"Grandma" is watching the kids for a few days while my
neighbors are off on a short vacation. And they picked the
week with tandem snow storms to leave her there with the
kiddies and no snow blower training. After introductions
she commented that I was the guy "with all the cars".
Oooops! My cover is blown! She appreciated the help and
did comment that she loved the Corvair that she had when
she was a teenager. Yeah, so did I! She also told me that
those Corvairs were always loosing fan belts. That never
happened, did it?

Anyway, kinda neat that Corvair memories are still on
peoples' minds even 50 years after their introduction.
Musta been a pretty neat car, huh? - Caveman Pete