<VV> Engine building - rocker arms

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Feb 13 21:27:55 EST 2010

Chuck is spot on---I wouldn't recommend any rocker arm but those
specifically designed for the Corvair.  Just my .02, but if I'm building a
new engine, I don't use used rocker arms.  We have to keep in mind that the
rocker arms in an engine you are tearing down can be at least 41 years old,
and possibly older. You don't know how many times the engine has been run
hot, low on oil, and usually both.

I know other's mileage on this may vary, but if it was MY 140, I'd be using
every new replacement part that would be available, especially in the
valvetrain.

Hank