<VV> Towing a convertible

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Feb 15 20:11:57 EST 2010

A few years back I took my truck and trailer from Michigan out to Great
Falls, Montana to pick up a Corsa convertible for Norm Witte.  The owner
of the car knew about the problem of towing a Corvair backwards and he
didn't know which way the buyer would tow it so he covered the entire
top, back window and all with duct tape wrapped around from inside to
outside and when done rolled all the windows up to seal it up.
This proved to be a good idea as it rained all the way home and the tape
kept the car from filling up with water from rain leaking thru the holes
in the top.  The guy must have used a half dozen rolls of tape.  I never
asked Norm how long it took to unroll everything but I'm sure he spent
many hours unraveling it!
Clark Hartzel