<VV> Falcon restoration (No Corvair) Super Falcons seen on Ebay

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Mon Feb 15 23:32:32 EST 2010

Within the last year or so, I talked to 2 Falcon sellers on Ebay who had
the following for sale CHEAP.

(a)  Ranchero (or whatever they called the Falcon pickup) with a Ford
inline 6 - (291 cu in. ?) and with a very neatly engineered Turbo installation
and 4 speed which came out of an early Mustang. The one with the chrome
lift-up  reverse lockout.  Car needed a few things, but he told me it would pull
 13.5 sec. quarters and it looked dead stock.  Told me he loved to jump all
 over muscle cars on the street with it.   I think he listed it 2 or 3
times on Ebay and attracted very little in the way of bids.  I got back  with
him months later and he had practically given it away.

(b)  Another Ranchero with a Sunbeam Tiger (mustang 260) V8 and same 4
speed.  Had the Sunbeam valve covers.  It needed some work too, but  was pretty
solid.  I think he even had this one in Hemmings.

Like a fool, I vacillated and missed 2 cars that would have been a lot of
fun for very cheap money.

Some of you guys may know that a Holman & Moody built Sprint with a 235  hp
289 and front disc brakes + stiff suspension finished 2nd overall (out of
299  entrants) in the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally which was a near 3,000 mile
blast  through snow.  A Mini beat them.

Joe Dunlap
Florida