<VV> Three Speed, Yes Vair

n5hsr n5hsr at sprynet.com
Tue Feb 16 00:53:40 EST 2010

Well, we had a "Three On The Tree" in our Chevy II that we had before the
Corvair.  I got to 'warm it up' on Sundays before church, so I had to know
where the pattern was so I could find neutral.  Reverse was in and up.  1
was in/down.  2 was out/up, 3 was out/down.  Before I started it, I had to
make sure I was in crossbar of the H pattern, clutch down, parking brake on
and foot on the foot brake if I didn't need it to put a little gas in to
keep it from dying.  (Had an automatic choke but it didn't work very well.)

Ah the things one remembers from one's wasted youth.

Charles Fregeau