<VV> Towing with a Car Dolly or Flat tow

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 15:02:53 EST 2010

     Years ago when I was working at a place that had a very sloped parking lot, I would try to park at the highest corner.  Then, when I left for the day, I let the 66 PG Corvair roll and with the ignition ON I would try to roll start the car without using the starter.  Usually I could get up to a high enough speed to do so.  But don't bother trying this with any "modern" car.  Now that I think of it I also did the same thing in 1962 with my Torqueflite equipped 58 Plymouth when the starter malfunctioned (but only when hot) on a trip back home from a Riverside, California jobsite to NYC.
     Frank "thanks for the memories" Burkhard