<VV> ac curiosity

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 17 00:24:18 EST 2010

There is one difference between a LM hardtop a/c system and a convertible
a/c system. That is the inside pipe that runs along the right side from the
evaporator core to under the rear seat. On the hardtop version, it exits at
an angle in the corner of the floor pan. On the convertible, it makes a
sweeping 90º curve in that corner, and exits the floor pan close to the
heater outlet, and at a perpendicular angle thru an elbow. This is because
of the reinforcements in the convertible underbody.

I'm not personally familiar enough with the EM system to know if they have
this is same situation. But a/c was available on EM convertibles as well as
the 4 and 2 door sedans.

-Mark (Prez of the Air 'Vair Group)

I have a question.  Has anyone ever transferred an AC setup from a coupe
to a ragtop?  Is it a practical swap? Why or Why not?

In all my days in Corsa, i've never seen anything about this.

Randy(Cap'n) Hook

'63 monza ragtop