<VV> 3 on Tree -No Vair

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Feb 17 08:33:55 EST 2010

You just needed to see what he pushed. He moved the 1-R shift linkage to
the neutral position.

I have lots of practice doing this  for myself and other people back then.

The linkage could stick in any gear. Don't know which linkage is stuck?
Just jiggle both linkages and the sloppy one in in neutral, make the
other one line up with that one. Simple. Make sure the hand brake is set
or someone is still in the driver's seat.

I have also adjusted the bottom bearing in the column to take up the
slack that causes this problem. On one Plymouth I took the column out
and re drilled the bearing holes to get it tighter than designed. They
work slick then....

No wonder JC Whitless sold so many floor shifter kits. Let's throw in
new parts instead of fixing the old. Especially since the new parts look
cool. BTW, the floor shifter kits also wore out and did the same thing.

Frank
Who still owns several three on the tree cars