<VV> 3 on tree

J1M1SH at aol.com J1M1SH at aol.com
Wed Feb 17 18:07:18 EST 2010

Had a 67 valient that would jam in gear. I would jump a curb so I could
slide under the car and click the trans lever into the gear I needed, 2nd for
around town, 3rd for highway and drive my one speeder around. Finally got
fed up  and cut a 2" x 2" hole in the floor, reversed the r-1 rod and the 2-3
rod and  stuck them up through the hole. Grab one rod and pull it up for
first, clutch,  push that rod down, grab the other rod and pull up for second,
clutch, push that  rod all the way down for third. Drove it throughout my
senior year at college  (nobody ever asked to borrow it) afterward, had a guy
rebuild the column. He  went nuts trying to get it to work till I
remembered I had switched the rods,  five minutes later and it worked fine.
Next car was a 66, 110, three on the floor.