<VV> Decoupage Corvair Brochure...

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Wed Feb 17 20:13:11 EST 2010

Andy,

It's been a loooooong time since I did this, but if I were going to do it, here is what I would TEST out first. First test out a similar image so you get the technique down and to see if the final product is what you like.

Seems to me I used to do this on motorcycle tanks way back when. Spray the image with clear acrylic lacquer and build up enough coats to give so film thickness to work with, 5 - 10 coats? Once totally dry, place it in a bowl of water and carefully remove all the paper. The water softens the paper and you carefully rub the paper away with your fingers. You get the image because the ink stays in the lacquer.

The only thing you need to watch is the WHITE surfaces, as the image got the white color from the paper. So if you need the white areas, you first must paint white onto the surface in which you are applying it to. As in the case of MC tanks, usually an oval or scattered or varied white background was applied.

The image is applied to the surface by spraying a wet clear coat and then applying the image. To get everything equal, build up coats of clear lacquer and then block sand with a very fine paper.

Roy - Bayshore

To the talented memebers of this list...
?
I want to decoupage some pages of a 1960 Corvair Brouchure and I want to make sure that the ink from the back side of does not show through.? Anyone have any experience they can share?
?
Any and all help appreciated.
?
Andy